View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 06:38 AM   #74
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The new Dominos Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I am not sure the commercial qualifies as bad marketing. You would be surprised what passes
for "rules" in advertising. Bottom line, there are no rules. Just success and failure. I think this will be a success.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/How-Do...08535.html?x=0

All this may be surprising for a company whose product has been regarded by many consumers as not all that indistinguishable
from the cardboard box in which it arrived. Confronted with evidence that customers too frequently found its product to be subpar,
Domino's didn't try to spin, or change the subject, or make subtle adjustments. Rather, in a calculated and risky strategy, the company
embarked on a campaign to confront the image head-on. It's rare for large publicly held companies to craft advertising and marketing
plans that come across like Maoist self-criticism. But that's what Domino's did.

HA, told ya. I know the advertising business.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote