View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 02:20 PM   #37
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice
Default Re: Just got the Thompson catalog in... yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
My youngest boy graduated from HS this year and when he turned 18 had his first cigar with 'pops'. Well, reading through one of our fishing magazines last night he finds this add for 20 cigars and a humidor from Thompson - $39 for the whole smear. (I remembered this thread...)

When I get home, he says, "Hey dad, look what I found! I'm thinking of ordering this. It would give me a small humidor for my dorm room, and a few cigars at a great price."

I chuckled and said, "It is not worth being on their mailing list for the next millennium. If you want a humidor, we'll find one for you. If you need cigars, let me know. We'll fill it before you leave for college, and when you need more, let me know."

Nathan is a member of CA, but he does not come here much. Tim has not joined yet, and I am not sure that he will. I will have to talk him into it.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Todd
I've never ordered from Thompson, but evidently I did from one of their affiliates. I get their catalogs for some odd reason, and I don't even break the seal. Into the trash they go.

Somehow they got BOTH my home and work addresses, so I get 2 every time they mail them out.