View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #27
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Deep Fried Peanuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I eat salted shelled peanuts shell-and-all, I love em. I've learned from experience that it's best to go easy on the shells. Only eat like every other one or they start doing damage on the way out. I've pretty much mastered how many I can get away with before I have to suffer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodward View Post
I've heard this before, the shells have zero nutritional value so no reason to really eat them.... Tho maybe the frying process softens them up enough it doesn't kill you? Who knows lol.
These peanuts are smaller than what you normally see as peanuts in the shell. 3 and 4 in a pod are common. I do not know if the different style of peanut (I believe they are the spanish peanut varietal) or if it is the frying of them that makes the shells easier to digest and not tear up the lower GI.