View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 11:19 PM   #22
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Mayweather - Ortiz 9/17/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Shame on Ortiz. While I think what Floyd did was basically a cheap shot and not worthy of a "champion", Ortiz should never have put himself in that position. A touch of gloves and "I'm sorry" is plenty. Ortiz stood there like he wanted to continue the conversation, which Floyd summarily ended.

That is as close to "defending" Big Mouth as I will likely ever get. His post-fight interview with Merchant confiirmed for me what a POS he is. Nice way to duck what he knew was Larry's next question, "what about Manny?"
The Merchant interview was classless. I don't like Merchant but there was no reason for it. What did Mayweather expect Merchant to come up there and say? "Good knockout, congrats on the championship, what are you going to do with the $40million you are going to get from the fight?". Merchant didn't help himself with his comment about being 50 years younger and kicking his a$$.