View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 07:23 PM   #382
Neuromancer
Will work for Boli GM's

First Name: Marc
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Neuromancer will become famous soon enoughNeuromancer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: New Pipe Smoker With A Question? Ask an Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyrayvalentin View Post
I just landed a sampler in the Newbie Pipe Tobacco Trade with English blends, Aromatics, and Vapers. I remember reading something about certain pipe tobacco's soaking up the aromas in the air around them.

Is it okay to keep several different blends in close proximity to each other as long as they are all in their tins or zip locked?

Would there be any reason to separate certain blends from the rest?

Could several different blends be kept together in a mason jar or other sealed container as long as they are all individually zip locked?

Thanks in advance.
I have to agree...for a short time the baggies will be fine...I wouldn't put them altogether in a mason jar or humidor or anything like that...I got the C&D Sampler (1 oz. or so of about 10 different blends) and stuck them in a small empty humidor to keep for a few days and totally forgot about them for ages...when I opened it up again I had a pipe tobacco smell in the humi that I still am working at to get out, and all the blends smelled the same and tasted the same...here an idea...go back to the Newbie Pipe Tobacco Trade thread and you'll see a few links and pics I posted for you showing little humidifiers for pipe tobacco...they use pg solution or distilled water...the best buy and best for your purposes would be the little round button ones...buy two packs of those...10-12 or so...then go to the grocery store or wherever they have canning supplies, and get yourself a box (12) of the smallest mason jars they have...I found half-pint ones that hold what I'd guess to be 2-4 ounces of tobacco in each...use those to dump the contents of the baggies into, drop in a humidifier button and you're good to go...I think it was only a few dollars for the canning jars, and they may even have ones that are half the size of the half-pint ones but I'm not sure as I'm not a maven on canning jars...just looked at what would fit my use for some bulk tobacco I was blending and storing...

PS - or you could just buy the smallest size canning jars and stuff one baggie into each individual jar...the baggie should help keep it moist enough in the jar for a short while and the flavors wouldn't blend...