View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 03:03 PM   #2
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Col. & Rev.Views - Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake

Glad to see we have another review to do. Here is another pic.

Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake

Described by manufacturer: Very mature old belt flue-cured Virginia’s spiced with Louisiana Perique.

0.0 - 2.0 = poor/inferior quality
2.1 - 2.9 = fair
3.0 - 3.5 = good
3.5 - 4.5 = excellent
4.6 - 5.0 = superior

1) Aesthetics: I love flakes, and this is a gorgeous flake, take a look at the pic if you do not believe me. 4.9

2) Pre-light Construction: Right out of the box, in regard to moisture this is eminently smokable. It is able to be folded and smoked, or it rubs out completely without much effort. As you nose the tobacco, this is a wonderfully light smelling Virginia with a bit of sweetness. I know there is Perique, but it was done with a light hand. 4.5

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked: This burns delightfully. I can get bit easily, and this is one Virginia that I can mistreat by puffing vigorously and it will not come back to bite me. 4.0

4) Flavor and strength: Do not expect this to be a full bodied Virginia or VaPer (which is what it is). This is more along the lines of Dunhill Flake with just a touch of Perique, but the Perique is ephemeral (fleeting at best), showing itself more in hints of light spice. This is one that needs to be smoked slowly to get the most out of it, and that most will be more of a light sweetness with hints of light caramel. I think that in my first few bowls of this, I was not WOWed by it, it is just too light for that. It takes a few bowls and a clean palate to appreciate the complexity and “freshness” of this blend. 3.6

5) Aftertaste/Finish: This finishes very light and does not linger long. What is there is slight sweetness. 2.3

6) Aroma: I really enjoy the light sweetness in the room note with this blend. There are those who seem to think that PS-LNF has a topnote to it – if it does, the manufacturer’s notes do not say so, and I have never found it. Again, it is lightly sweet and simply enjoyable. 3.5

7) General Comments I really enjoy this blend, for the price is ridiculous for this quality of a Virginia. In the right bowl, the sweetness come flying to the fore and is exquisite. (Personally, if I think about it, I like to take some of this and rub it, add some Perique to it, squish it into a ˝ pint mason jar, let it sit for a few months, and then smoke it) 4.5

8) Recommendation: I highly recommend this blend to those who would like to enjoy a quality VA but like their Perique with a gentle hand.

Peace of the Lord be with you.