View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 04:49 PM   #3
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hot Sauce Recipes

I make my own wing sauce, but I use off-the-shelf hot sauce.
I'd suggest you grow your own peppers if you want to make good hot sauce.
If you grow the peppers in a raised bed and provide shelter whereas you can control how much water they get, you can raise peppers so hot that you can't walk by them without them burning your sphincter.
The more heat and less water they get, the more outrageous they are.
I used to grow jalapenos specifically for stuffing with cheddar cheese. We'd wrap them in bacon and grill them or dip them in onion ring batter and deep fry them.
Those plants went on the wet end of the garden so they wouldn't blow my head off.
The rest of the hot peppers went in the dry end so they'd get bizarre hot.
You'd be amazed at the difference in a pepper's taste and heat level in different growing conditions. The pepper is what's gonna make the recipe.