The Belly of the Beast

First Name: Chris
Trading: (15)
Bolivar
yachties23 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Official MMA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelergar View Post
I guess it might be fun to watch, but it will most likely be a boring fight. Two wrestlers with sub par striking skills is a bad matchup. I also think its funny how UFC fans say Fedor is ducking competition (eventhough his last 2 opponents and would be 3rd were ranked #2 the world). But this is the best the UFC can come up with for a title fight. Its almost as bad as the nobodies Anderson Silva has been fighting the last few years (except hendo).
Lesnar may be the better wrestler, but we have yet to see Carwin actually have to use his wrestling. (although Gonzaga did take him down)

The thing is they may both be subpar strikers, but Carwin has lethal KO power, something I'm sure Lesnar has, but Brock has yet to knock somebody out from his feet. His victories have all come via GnP, while Carwin has just demolished people including his KO of Gonzaga with a punch that was the equivalent of a jab. I doubt Brock will keep this on the feel tho, but if Carwin can, I think he has a serious shot to KO Lesnar.
yachties23 is offline   Reply With Quote