View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 10:32 AM   #4056
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Photography Thread

Don't say DUH too loud Azar, lol, but I want to show you something about a 24MP camera and a 6MP camera.
I am on record in this thread in saying that I LOVE 6MP Nikons. Gorgeous rendering of digital photos.

But visually it is easy to see what you need. Say this shot is a 24MP shot.....

You have 4 6MP shots in each 24MP shot, so 4 D50 shots in one D3200 shot. Once you pick your crop for
a 24MP shot, you can end up with AT LEAST the resolution of the a D50 in the end and have a zoomed in pic.

Again, DUH, right, but this is what I mean about a body upgrade. I love D50s, great little cameras. But it is VERY hard
to crop a shot from one. Especially in this case. SO if the first pic had been an actual 24mp SHOT FROM A d3200, You can
easily imagine what a 25% crop might look like....like a full resolution shot from a D50. But of course, what this IS is a a
D50 SIZE shot cut down to 25% of its actual area, so of course it is going to look like hell. But if you figure out a way to
get some more MPs in your hands, you'll solve half your issues.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote