Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation
Default Re: any cyclists/roadies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanger View Post
Just started this year (to start doing sprint tris). Got a trek 1.2. Good beginner bike for me, not knowing how I was going to like it...I LOVE it. I'm already doing my second tri this coming Sat. (my first was July 11th). I may step up to Olympic distance next year, with my eye on a half iron within a few years, and dreaming of being able to train to do THE Ironman...Hawaii.

I've never had a bike this nice before, and I realize that having a good bike makes a HUGE difference in your enjoyment of riding. I'm thinking that I'll potentially do some duathlons, too. The ride on my bike is so smooth. I just need to incrementally upgrade components on it, though. It's a good start, I feel, though.

Question for you guys...when I ride, I tend to get some numbness in the outside of my hand and middle-pinkie fingers. How much of a difference would gloves make? Or would I be better off in getting some arrows?
I am not sure about the numbness but gloves are more important to me than my helmet as many times as they have saved my palms from road rash, they are worth the try. I find they do help in overall comfort too

I ride a Giant OCR-1 and need to get out more but just haven't lately. I just have the shimano 105 set up and keep toying on whether or not I want to upgrade or just get a new bike. I've only been riding a few years so i feel like seat time is more important than new components but I can't help but want better
awsmith4 is offline   Reply With Quote