Cohibo Aficionado

First Name: Craig
Trading: (1)
Montecristo
Costa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need some input

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
Why don't you consider a moka pot or a pour over for the coffee and wait to buy an espresso machine?

For some strange reason, I see coffee roasting in your future.

I'm the same way about the investing for the long run and firmly believe a couple hundred extra on a grinder puts you in a whole different league, and wouldn't write off refurbished equipment which, in many cases, was simply a return. Not that the Rocky won't serve you well for many years. It sure has a lot of fans and combines with the Silvia in many happy homes.
Mainly based on my weekly schedule; I work 12 hours per day, and the gf does not get as anal about things as I do....lol. Still the quick cup of coffee that will satisfy my needs and hers from the best (drip) maker I can get. And I travel as well, so when she is alone, she can make a pot of coffee.

I just googled moka pot, and that looks like the fastest route to espresso until I buy my "machine". The Rocky should cover my grinding needs for that, correct?

Boy, I feel like the days when I first started diving into my cigar habit head first; ignorant......but VERY excited. You guys are the best. I can remember my frantic post's with every question cigar related many years ago, and some of you same guys sending me down the slope...lol.

Can't thank you guys enough. This machine breaking I think will be the best thing that could have happened....haha.

Would you say the moka pot is the best route to good stove top espresso?

Also, any leads on where to buy beans for when the grinder comes in? Give me your favorite one's, I'm into trying anything!

Thanks again, all of you!!!