BigCat
My back is now unwatched.

First Name: Colin
Trading: (5)
BigCat will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pektel View Post
I just got a Maverick ET732 as a belated Christmas present from my dad. This thing ROCKS. I can play with my kids now instead of babysitting the smoker! Just bring the remote unit wherever you are (within something like 300 feet) and you have smoker temp/meat temp at the touch of a button. You can also set max/min temp alerts, so you aren't overcooking anything. I've only used it to smoke a pork loin so far, but it came out awesome - super flavorful and juicy. Previous pork loins always were a touch on the dry side. Cant wait to try it with a pork butt or brisket.

Mine also came with a temp guide, which is stuck to the side of my fridge. This is the one I got:

http://www.amazon.com/Maverick-Wirel...averick+et+732
Glad to hear the review! Mine just arrived the other day. Still waiting to do my first smoke. I'l be gone this weekend, so it's looking like the weekend after. Trying to decide whether to do baby backs for 12 people as a first run or whether I should experiment on my own a bit before subjecting other people to my final product.