Resident Whisky Addict

First Name: Matt
Trading: (4)
Cohiba
wolfandwhisky is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Autofilling Humi for Walk In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloxite View Post
How much water is this humidor going to require? It seems like it would have to be an awful lot before a distiller is going to pay off.

Just a thought but what about a tank that you can periodically fill with distilled water? I am picturing one of the the 5 gallon water reservoirs our caterers use with a spigot in the bottom. Remove the spigot and install a hose fitting. From there the system would be the same. A float level in the humidifiers reservoir controls a solenoid valve in the water line that runs from the water tank.

I did something similar a ways back. My boss wanted to have 'bathtub gin' served out of a real bathtub at a party. We ended up flying an old clawfoot tub 9 feet off of the ground. I stole one of those water reservoirs from the caterers and rigged it some tubing and fittings I got from the building engineer. It all worked great except the punch the boss mixed up was pretty weak.
Yeah - I like the idea of full automation, but for such a small scare humidor I don't think I'll be able to get there. Plus, I'd have to clean out the distiller anyways. Even without a 5 gallon jug (which is a great idea), it wouldn't be that much work to just keep a couple gallon jugs in the humi to pour into a unit now and then.
wolfandwhisky is offline   Reply With Quote