View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 04:37 PM   #1277
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Latest Pipe-Related Purchase Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post
Not yet Rev, but they smell amazing. (They literally had my mouth watering) By all accounts one can't taste the rum. I will slice off a bit this weekend to try.

They are little bricks and remind me of the fire-starters they used to give us in the military. Might need a band saw.....
Have done different "plugs" from G&H, Samuel Gawith. Usually pretty strong, and needs a good sharp knife.

My uncle used to chew plug tobacco, and when he was done, he'd leave it sit on a fence post. A couple days later he'd check it out, and if dry enough stick it in his cob to smoke. He used to do Redman and Levi Garrett. It was too moist and too sweet to smoke right off, but after a morning or afternoon of vigorous chewing, he said, "It mellows out nice. And if it don't rain, it smokes pretty good after a couple days of sun drying."

I have always wanted to try that, but I just couldn't get past how sweet it was in the mouth. Used to chew my share of Redman, but never got the courage to put it in my pipe and smoke it.

Let me know what you think.

Peace of the Lord be with you.