View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 05:56 PM   #4
JLMraider
In vino veritas

First Name: Jonathon
Trading: (0)
Army (Active)
JLMraider is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How did you get into cigars?

I don't remember exactly when I started but I can recall late in high school smoking Jewels Sweets fairly regularly. I know I chose these because they seemed more "upscale" or "classy" than Black & Milds and Swishers. Shortly after high school I found myself in Iraq and began venturing away from the machine cigars (didn't know the difference at the time). During my time in the Middle East I smoked Romeo y Julietas, Montecristos, Cohibas, some Black & Milds and "CCs". At the time I didn't pay much attention to which blends or varieties I was smoking and I know there are others that I have no idea what they were. I don't know the authenticity of the CCs I had because I didn't bother enough to look for the signs of counterfeits (and it was Iraq, a war torn 3rd world country).

About a year and a half ago I started smoking a pipe and after doing that fairly regularly I decided last month to take a more serious and mature approach to cigars. I ordered a 50 ct humidor combo that came with 10 cigars along with 15 Nicaraguan 90+ seconds and a 20 ct Dominican grab bag. About 10 cigars into that collection I was hit by a generous bomb from badbriar here in the CA which restored my humi to full status. I have already been looking at larger humidors (the wife is even offering input) and I'm thinking a end table style will be the next humidor. Once it gets full hopefully I'll be able to drop some serious $ on a large cabinet or even build a humi-room. I'm eager to try different cigars, notice the things I missed in my past smokes and maybe come across some CCs in my future overseas travels.
JLMraider is offline   Reply With Quote