View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 04:44 PM   #3
RobR1205
Starting a new chapter

First Name: Rob
Trading: (19)
HUpmann Army (Disabled Vet)
RobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura aboutRobR1205 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: How did you get into cigars?

I got into cigars after I graduated from High School (2011)...I knew one of my close friends had a sizable collection and was pretty serious about the hobby. That being said, I wanted to try it as a one-and-done thing because it looked "cool" and "sophisticated." Needless to say, I ended up really liking them so I eventually made my first purchase from CI: a 15 count Nica Libre flight sampler, a random 20 count assortment, and a modest 50 count desktop humidor.

My first cigar, (and I'll never forget it) was a Nica Libre Principe that I decided to smoke on the beach with my friends. I tried lighting it with a Bic lighter, but could only get a partial burn on it...so I put it out on the asphalt like a cigarette, drove our car somewhere else, and decided to relight it! I ended up smoking the whole thing before turning 50 shades of green shortly thereafter.

To this day, I can't get near Nica Libres, but I still have a love for the Nicaraguan sticks from my early days, like Padron. Arturo Fuentes also remain in my rotation. My collection is an assortment of about 1/4 CCs and 3/4 NCs...I love both, depending on my mood. My 50 count humi has been replaced twice, and now I finally have a cabinet (that was graciously filled by some awesome folks around here...it still hasn't sunk in! )
RobR1205 is offline   Reply With Quote