View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 05:10 AM   #5079
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluck View Post
I actually want a pink one for the wife. And yea I'm thinking slidefire for it eventually.
It's FUN. I was honestly regretting a bit as I put the parts together and thinking that I was putting nearly $900 into a .22 rifle.... but damn if that didn't disappear the moment I started shooting it

Most youtube vids / guides out there talk about all the tuning you need to do to get it to work, and usually involve a $200 trigger job. You don't need to do that!

These are all I needed to get my slidefire working. $10.49 http://www.midwayusa.com/product/579...-reduced-power

That, and halfways decent ammo. I have a case of old remington bulk .22, the really shitty stuff. And it runs in the gun just fine so far, in semi auto. It even works in slidefire as far as having enough power to actuate the stock. But it jams every 5 rounds or so, round half stuck in the chamber. Not the fault of the slidefire, just the fault of the junk ammo not being able to cycle things fast enough I think.

I havn't done comprehensive ammo tests, but I can say for certainty that the CCI tactical .22 ammo works just great in slidefire (good luck finding it right now though). I'm reasonably sure any mid range+ ammo will work, although I havn't tested it yet.

The only other thing I did for the slidefire was to spray a little silicon rem oil on the buffer tube to give the slidefire a slick surface to work with. $10 springs sure beat buying a $200 trigger any day

oh yeah, and if you do buy a slidefire, get it from sportsmansguide. Cheapest price I've seen anywhere for it.