View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 05:08 PM   #15
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Re: Toasting the foot: is it really necessary?

I'd say that in some ways "toasting the foot" has changed, with more and more people using torch lighters, it's less about rotating the cigar / holding the soft flame (match, cedar strip, etc.,) and more about holding the the stick still and moving the flame around the foot, just an updated method.

That all being said I'll still rarely just put flame to stick and take a few big puffs, I don't know if it matters but seems like drawing that much heat and flame into the stick will change some of the basic flavor profiles of the tobacco. I know that when you puff puff pass sometimes the stick get's too hot and it can turn tannic, of course it's only my opinion.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote