View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 09:54 PM   #17
Resipsa

Default Re: Do you "age" your coffee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by md4958 View Post
That is a relevent quote from where exactly?

So youre telling me that Illy and LaVazza, are all selling stale coffee to thier customers? It takes 2 to 3 weeks just to get from Italy to the states.

If you would like, I can send you two samples of espresso. One I will mark A, the other B. One will be a bag that I have aged for over a month. The other I will get the same day it was roasted... I will package it as soon as it cools. I will priority ship it to you so it will arrive in three days.

I'll bet you a fiver of cigars that you cant tell wich one is 3 days old and which is 5 weeks old.
I've got nothing against either Illy or LaVazza, both fine companies, but I don't buy their product for the reasons you state, nor do I buy Maxwell House whole bean coffee, or Folgers, or any of the mass produced brands/supermarket brands. For me it's either homeroast/local roasters or artisan roasters off the net, because they, to me, produce the best, freshest product. YMMV

You don't want to make that bet, And I don't touch espresso beans until 4 days post roast anyway, LOL

Did you read the article? Because if you hit the link provided, it will answer the question of where the information comes from.

Last edited by Resipsa; 10-18-2008 at 10:00 PM.