Thread: Tom Brady
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 09:26 AM   #80
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all
Default Re: Tom Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
The Steelers won plenty of Superbowls and most people LOVE Bradshaw, he's a lovable country bumpkin with smoking hot daughters, I think the point is people see Brady as coddled and treated with white kid gloves. Tom got hurt change the rules, speaking of which is the tuck rule even a rule anymore, I think they used it for that one game and got rid of it, but it was more than enough to save the Patriots asses in that game.

Yeeah, we're not very "bumpkin-ish" up here but it sounds to me like it's just personal animosity. Take a look at "The Fountainhead" by Ayn Rand and you'll see what I mean by my earlier statement.

One of the problems I have with football, in general; too many rule changes. Baseball changes rules about once every 45 years. Honestly, I don't think Football will survive with the lawsuits viz. head trauma and the like; it's too damned dangerous to avoid liability. Parents will eventually refuse to let their kids play and the schools will likely shut down programs as well; also to avoid liability. Little kids are getting their bells rung pretty badly and pediatricians are speaking out about it, loudly. Think about how that plays in court. Without new players to step up, the sport dies. We are a litigious society.