Thread: Tom Brady
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 06:55 AM   #70
dijit
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mike
Trading: (48)
Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice
Default Re: Tom Brady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller View Post
I don't think it "tarnishes the status of a Super Bowl" one bit. AFTER the balls were noticed and inflated to within regulations the Pat's scored 28 unanswered points while shutting out the Colts. So it appears that the only time the Colts had a chance was when improper balls were in play. They should have kept their mouths shut and maybe they wouldn't have gotten utterly dominated in the second half.

I really don't know why people take this stuff so seriously.
SO let me start this with I am a Colts fan. I agree it doesnt tarnish the outcome of the game, or the Superbowl.

The issue in question is the integrity of the administration and more importantly the players who represent the NFL and are role models to future players and children. Are we letting these people tell them as long as they can figure out a way to get away with it then its ok to cheat? Do we allow them to teach our future that it isnt illegal unless you get caught? That there are no consequences for your actions?

Maybe Shannon Sharpe's analysis that if it was a mediocre player on a non-championship team in a smaller market the league would throw the book at him, but since it isnt they will likely slap his wrists and send him on his way.

I think overturning the win is out of line but I also think ignoring it is out of line.