Thread: Health Update
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 01:49 PM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Health Update

So the overall news is good with some bad mixed in. I just received the last week of antibiotics so thats the 4th week of what was promised to be a 2 week course. The good news is we've picked the right antibiotic and is it helping the wounds finally healing. The bad news would be all the side effects. They gave me benadryl as a safety medication as well as epinephrine and being that I hate Intramuscular Shots there's NO WAY I'm ever taking it but benadryl on the other hand is IV. I've had benadryl IV before during my iron infusions so I'm an old pro. The reason i mention all this is I've been having a histamine reaction while on this antibiotic and it was just getting worse and worse to the point today my body gave me a rush of adrenaline when i sat down exhausted from walking 20 feet without rest. It was like a lightning bolt to my head and it shocked me. It made me realize I need to be smarter about this and really start asking myself the right questions so I decided to unpack the Benadryl and without looking at the instructions gave myself a 50mg shot not quite expecting what came next. I got a fuzzy benadryl buzz like never before. BUT, it fixed all the issues I've been dealing with. My taste buds have returned to normal! That is my biggest praise! The other aspects like walking more than 20 feet without it causing so much taxation on my lungs. Just breathing in general is better overall. I was constantly sweating, well that has stopped. You have no idea how happy this has made me. It makes me want to smoke a cigar right now but i promised myself that I would wait and I plan to. Finding out about histamine reactions and finally deciding to treat mine it has made all th difference in the world to me and God is SO good to have shown this to me because i was on the edge of stopping all of this and quitting. God is not only good He is also kind. I really hope you are all doing as well as I am today and are blessed! It's been a rough 3 weeks for me but to have this answer is amazing to me. God bless you all my friends!