Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation
Default Re: Quitting Cigs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
There is only one way to quit, and surprisingly it is good for most of what ails you in the long run.
Don't mistake me for a fundamentalist or even a practicing Christian anymore. But think
back on all the things that make you smoke. If you smoke only when you drink, stop going to bars.
If you smoke when your kids stress you out, shoot em and end all that. If you smoke after a meal,
stop eating.

That all sounds fine, but in the real world, you can't get away with number two and three. But the
plain and simple fact is, tricks don't work, gum doesn't work, hypnosis doesn't work. You have to
remove from your life the triggering mechanisms. If that means going to a pipe for an occasional
non-inhaling nicotine fix or some Cohiba Minis, then get some. But for me it was weed. I could not
smoke weed and NOT smoke a cigarette after. As much as it is killing me I had to quit smoking the
weed I dearly love. No cigarettes for me now. I DID go to having a pipe on my ride home from work.
But you have to watch that. based on what I can feel, there is a risk of tongue cancer. But my
lungs are free of smoke, and if you can smoke cigs, you can handle the strong pipe tobacco. Talk
about a nic kick. I have some that makes me feel like I had a big ol bong hit. You GOT TO give up
the things that make you think of cigs or you cannot succeed.

And remember, once you quit, that buying a pack just to get you over a bad day is NOT good.
YOU KNOW WITHOUT SAYING IT, the cig is going to taste like crap, then you have 19 left to
deal with. That is the big hurdle. Find a way over it without that pack.
I call BS Brad. I and the wife quit cold turkey without giving up the so called triggers.
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote