Old 04-16-2010, 01:06 PM   #63
MrsSledn
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Cathy
Trading: (0)
MrsSledn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Quitting Cigs.

Mike you can do it!

I smoked on and off from 7th grade until last year. 22 years. I quit smoking around the time Crystal (GKitty) did. Early Septmeber, 2009. I found out I was pregnant and stopped. When we found out the baby stopped growing, I thought about going back to smoking. I had to tell myself, no. I would not do it regardless of the baby's status while I still carried it. When the miscarriage was final, I just didn't go back. My mom passed away from lung cancer in November of 2007 that she didn't get from smoking, and even that didn't get me to quit back then. But now, I keep that in the back of my head. I always say now, that the silver lining from my short pregnancy... It got me to quit a nasty habit that I didn't want my 7 year old to pick up.

It's been almost 8 months. I just had my first cigar, the other day. I was afraid to have a cigar thinking it would bring my craving for the quick cigarette, back. I can't say I will have a cigar everyday...

You can kick it. Don't let a slip get you down. Keep going. Take it minute by minute. Hour to hour... Day to day. Try to avoid the things that make you want to smoke.
MrsSledn is offline   Reply With Quote