View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #3944
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

Hi fellas, I'm new here, lol. Or it has been so long since I smoked some meat, I might as well be new.

Kroegur had their house brand chicken on sale, I guess the kind super-injected with salt water or whatever they
do to it. So I picked up a pack of drumstix and had a pack of beef ribs left over from when I swore off of em.

Set up the grill the only way I ever do, indirect smoking.....

actually forgot to put the hickory chunks on there...washed the car, and thought, man, that's some THIN smoke
I got working there. Rectified that and let everything go another hour while I put a polymer coat on the car.

Pulled up the lid and saw something much better the second time around.

Pulled em and let em pose for one more shot. Sad thing about the whole deal is, my smoked chicken
is usually almost purple it takes so much smoke. Letting it get half-cooked without any smoke really
hurt the patina, but the meat was good, JUST enough smoke to make it delicious, and at least it wasn't
over-smoky in flavor.

Ralph says "HELL, YEAH, cut that S*** up man, I ain't gettin no younger over here.

Actually, there was no way he could eat that right off the grill, and those big beef bones hold heat even longer,
so he had to wait awhile, but he's a hell of a smoker dog. He enjoyed the cool breezes of the back yard which
is a real oasis in the hot summer with all the tree canopy and the pond and the waterfalls. The backyard breeze
was actually COOL today, and believe me, it is HOT out there today. He eventually got his meat, I got my shower
then I got my long-awaited lunch. Dang that shizzle is gizzle.

I used a DSLR for the first time on these shots, testing out a 50mm 1.8 I picked up used for my sister,
so I apologize for the shallow depth of field. Looks cool enough, but I should've stopped down a bit.

Last edited by OLS; 06-22-2013 at 03:34 PM.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote