Old 04-10-2015, 08:16 AM   #1
Thaser11
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Mac
Trading: (0)
Army (Served With Honor)
Thaser11 is on a distinguished road
Default Humidor advice

So my humidor seems to be acting odd. A couple weeks ago it had a funk to it so I emptied everything into tupperware and dried it out. Thankfully none of the sticks acquired the funk and it has since gone away.

Since then I took over a week to re-season it and re-calibrate my hygrometers.

The weird thing is my humidity readings now. I have two hygrometers in it at the moment, a xikar round one and this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

the xikar read spot on to 75 in both salt tests and a boveda calibration. The ambient weather one read 72 in a salt test, so I calibrated it to 75.

Now the weird thing is that now in the humidor the xikar reads 59-60, the ambient weather reads 61 (uncalibrated on the sensor) and 64 on the calibrated display.

I like to think I'm a pretty smart dude but I can't figure this out of the life of me. What reading is the right one? Do I need to seal the humidor better? If so how should I do it?

So confused....

Edit to add that I am using HF 65% beads in the humidor...two medium sticks and a large puck that I refilled to roughly 60% the other day.
Thaser11 is offline   Reply With Quote