Thread: HendriX
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 08:33 PM   #8
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: HendriX

OK, I have had a second one of these, so I thought I'd update the initial review.

HendriX
5x52 Toro

1) Aesthetics: As you can see from Wheelok's picture, this is a fantastic looking maduro, what you cannot see is that it is almost dripping with oil. Veins are evident, but not a nearly pronounced as you often find in a maduro – smooth as Jimi on the guitar! It is truly an incredibly good-looking cigar.

2) Pre-light Construction: A well-constructed toro, firm and dense, it feels good in the hands. It has some heft, definitely solid.

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked: A firm grey ash held tenaciously, but the burn needed the occasional touch-up as it burned a bit erratically. 2nd one did not have the burn issues, but the ash was the same.

4) Flavor and strength: Maybe I did not pay attention to the first, but to the second I did. As to the first one, I said, “I will say that I was not sad when I passed it to my son and he did nor return it. I did not realize it until later, but I guess I was kind of hoping he would keep it. So, not sure what that says, but…” Well, the 2nd one remained either between my teeth or fingers. I enjoyed that maduro sweetness, mingled with hints of a dark coffee touched with cream, nutmeg, and hints of leather also tweaked the flavor profile at moments.

5) Aftertaste/Finish: Rich sweet tobacco hints lingered lightly for a few moments before disappearing.

6) Aroma: Snorking wasn’t a pleasant experience. There were however some nice notes of creamy, sweet, coffee that made for an enjoyable “room note.”

7) General Comments: I have a few more of these, and I do love the way they look. They even are enjoyable.

8) Recommendation: If you have opportunity to give these a try, do so. You had better like them a bit on the bolder side of medium. Is it a $15 cigar as the “hype” says it was to sell for? No! But at $6 a stick, you are getting your money’s worth.