Thread: HendriX
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 12:50 PM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default HendriX

HendriX
5x52 Toro

From the Cigar Federation website: Backstory: A few months ago, I was smoking with a buddy in the cigar industry. His brand is one of the most popular boutique brands in the world...with the rating and awards to prove it!

He gives me this cigar and tells me to try it. As I'm lighting it up he says "This cigar was gonna be the top price point cigar in our portfolio. MSRP was gonna be $15. But we decided to use a little bit different wrapper, so now we have a few bundles of these to smoke ourselves."

After smoking it for a few minutes (and LOVING it!) I told him, "I've got to have these for the FedHeads! This blend is so smooth and so rich. People will go as crazy for this blend as I am!"

After a little arm twisting...he finally agreed!

1) Aesthetics: This is a fantastic looking maduro, almost dripping with oil. Veins are evident, but not a nearly pronounced as you often find in a maduro. It is truly a good-looking cigar.

2) Pre-light Construction: A well-constructed toro, firm and dense, it feels good in the hands.

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked: A firm grey ash held tenaciously, but the burn needed the occasional touch-up as it burned a bit erratically.

4) Flavor and strength: OK, to be honest I wasn’t paying that much attention to it as I wasn’t intending to review the first one (and I will add more to this later when I smoke more of them), but I will say that I was not sad when I passed it to my son and he did nor return it. I did not realize it until later, but I guess I was kind of hoping he would keep it. So, not sure what that says, but..

5) Aftertaste/Finish: OK, to be honest I wasn’t paying that much attention to it as I wasn’t intending to review the first one (and I will add more to this later when I smoke more of them

6) Aroma: OK, to be honest I wasn’t paying that much attention to it as I wasn’t intending to review the first one (and I will add more to this later when I smoke more of them

7) General Comments: OK, to be honest I wasn’t paying that much attention to it as I wasn’t intending to review the first one (and I will add more to this later when I smoke more of them

8) Recommendation: Ditto