View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 05:30 PM   #50
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you guys keep on the lookout for Short Story Maduros?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoldenmackid View Post
Here's the deal...

Fuente released the Short Story Maduro this year, much like last year's 858 Sun Grown release.

Retailers were given an opportunity to purchase one box of Short Story Maduros, if they bought then boxes of "regular" Fuente product. (Last year, one box of 858 Sun Growns for 20 boxes of "regular" product.) To be clear, it's not buy ten boxes get one free, it was buy ten boxes, have the opportunity to buy one box. The reason Fuente does this is to make it fair for everyone to get some, regardless of your standing, Opus account, etc.

There were 1,200 boxes. I've seen the number of 1,000, honestly have no clue where it came from. Everyone I talked to before, during and after the show said 1,200.

As to why Tampa Sweetheart's didn't get any... Despite a Fuente relative owning TS, Fuente, like last year, told them that in this instance they are treated like any other shop, i.e. they need to buy their ten boxes. Last year the rumor was that they didn't partake in the 858 Sun Grown game partially out of protest, but who knows. Like I said... that's a rumor.

Some shops got more than others, but many that have had them have sold out. These have been released and if you are trying to figure when your local will be getting them in, you need to talk to someone who knows when the next Fuente order is supposed to be in, as they are just shipping with retailer's next order.

As for the OR Short Story Maduros... Those came from CFCF 2000, less than 100 believed to be given out.

Tobacco Locker might have a box left, but they could already be sold out, and they haven't even gotten them in yet. Atlantic, Tobacco Grove, Tower Cigars, Buckhead, Tobacco World, 2 Guys — all worth trying. I know Smoke Inn sold out and I presume Holt's is probably going to be impossible to get in.
Exactly. All a guy can do is ask around and hope to get one the waiting list, or keep a close eye as to when your shop's orders are going out.
1200 boxes doesn't sound like much, but honestly it's enough that we should all get a taste. Finding a stack of them is highly unlikely, but stumbling onto a box or half a box is a good chance.
I'm just trying to be patient.