View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 12:36 PM   #45
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Would you guys keep on the lookout for Short Story Maduros?

Honestly I think that Fuente's top shelf and limited production cigars being more easily available would help their sales. OpusX, Anejos, seasonal maduros...all their higher end stuff doesn't suffer from image, it suffers from availability. If there are more available (as long as quality remains the same) the opinion of the cigars isn't going to change as to how good they are. However, the fact that people can get them at normal prices (and not inflated super-rare prices) will be a benefit I think.

Just look at what happened with the Tatuaje T110's and the Fausto line. Pete didn't take away from the T110's rare/LE status by producing more, but instead using the same blend created a new line with different sizes. Everybody who went apesh*t over the T110's were ecstatic to learn that they would be able to get regularly produced cigars of that blend.

IMO, if regularly produced high end Fuente smokes were readily available, I'd be happy about it. But that's just my opinion
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote