Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (3)
Montecristo
Veatorious will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hunting thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarmonkel View Post
Nice! I'm not sure if the elk wasn't cured correctly or if it was way over cooked but it was extremely gamey which sucks cause I really want to do some true big game hunting. I'd love to do some trips out west and do some "real" hunting. The hunting we have in MI... not sure I would considering that hunting. Sitting in a blind waiting for them to come to you; I'd much rather go out find the game, stalk and wait/get the right shot.
That's a shame about the Elk meat, truly one of the best game meats. Some older bulls can be a little less pleasing but still better than deer IMO. (I turn everything but the tenderloins and back straps into sausage or pepperoni sticks when I shoot a buck). In regards to hunting in blinds or stands, not my gig either. I did a Whitetail hunt in WA and I couldn't handle the waiting game. I like to cover some country. (Spot and stalk). Out here in the west it isn't uncommon to shoot over 500 yards. I have a couple of buddies that smack bucks/bulls at 700+ yards... Not in my comfort zone, but sometimes the situation doesn't allow for a shorter shot. If you ever want to put in for a non resident tag in NV hit me up, as I can provide some insight.