Old 10-06-2015, 01:26 AM   #14
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: To Age (NC) Or Not To Age

I would say I don't intentionally age NC but I tend to buy more then I can smoke or I jump on a fad cigar that is at a good price and rinse and repeat and some just get forgotten.

If you like full power full body NC then aging is probably to be avoided as the nicotine will for sure roll off over the years. If you enjoy medium body and strength cigars then age some of the power houses and hope they mellow but it's not a guarantee at all!!

I'm smoking a Viaje Satori right now that I bought last year from a brother here and I recollect it to be a 2012 cigar and it's just as rich and full as any Satori I have ever smoked so I can't say if or when it's going to roll off but Satoris aren't power houses to begin with so that's no help. I tend to not be very good at handling power house cigars and get nicotine hang overs so I generally like the nicotine to roll off. I have had some sit too long and the paper taste kicks in or worst, a musty flavor comes out which is probably the cigar entering a sick phase? You would need or more experienced smoker to weigh in on that but those would be Viaje Honey and Hand Gernades which I thought smoked great fresh but even a year later don't taste all that good so they are sitting longer in hopes they get to good.

Your best bet IMHO is smoke them if you have them and unless you have too many cigars, I probably don't advise saving NC premiums for years waiting for that special day as you might wait too long.
Weelok is offline   Reply With Quote