View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
NHRA1877
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
NHRA1877 is on a distinguished road
Default How long to drop humidity?

Hey guys!

I am new to this forum and new to cigar smoking, I have always enjoyed smoking one when I got the opportunity, reciently I have been MAKING the time and opportunity because I find it so relaxing and de-stressing. So I made the decision to buy a humidor so as I learned about the hobby I could store cigars for me and my friends to have a good or a cheap smoke whenever I wanted.

So I bought a humidor off Craigslist for 30$ it was this humidor
http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_HUM-100PR.html

When I received it the gentleman had a bowl of water sitting in it trying to get it "ready" for me. On the way home I looked at the analog hydrometer that read 90%....!!!!!! Hoping it was just an uncalibrated hydro I got home and out in a calibrated digital one......the analog was off, it was only 82% !!!

I left the lid open for 2 hours and got it to 79% then the following day left it open for 10 hours while I was at work, it settled at 69% for 2 days then my heartfelt 70% beads came, I soaked about 3/4, after 3 days I'm steady between 72-73%

I did more research and found I wanted to be at 65% so I ordered 1/2 pound of 65% beads and plan to put them in dry. How long do you think it will take for the beads to lower the humidity aprox 7%?

Sorry for the long post!!
NHRA1877 is offline   Reply With Quote