Still not Adjusted

First Name: Rob
Trading: (1)
Partagas
germantown rob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Popcorn Popper Coffee Roasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
I'm a babe in the woods when it comes to roasting, but at this point, the Freshroast plus8 was 80 bucks well spent and I have now roasted a dozen times with great success and am drinking a latte from the CCM Costa Rica hardbean as I am reading this thread and am in, uh, nirvana.

Granted, the Freshroast roasts in small batches, but that seems to be a plus for me as I enjoy watching the roast and do it every 2-3 days now.
I was under the impression you went with the i-roast. Keep putting some money aside for a big boy roaster since I get the feeling you will get into this end of the hobby and wear the freshroast out in less then a year.

I will stick to my guns and say there is no better purchased home roaster then the Hottop B. There is the Quest M3 roaster that is stirring up interest so it is also something to keep an eye on. Looking at the price of these roasters scares most people away but after wearing out a Behmor in 6 months of heavy roasting I knew I needed something that could stand the test of time, 2 years into the HT B and a few mods the thing is bullet proof and anything that can go wrong is easily replaced at home.
germantown rob is offline   Reply With Quote