View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 05:13 PM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Project up nort'

As some of you know, being a pastor and living in a parsonage (church owned home at which the pastor resides rent free) means that they can pay you a lesser salary since they pay housing expenses. That is nice until pastors retire, then they have to either buy a home or rent.

Well, when my father died we took estate money and bought our "retirement home" up north. We call it "the cabin" since we do not live there and it is our escape place.

Well, I had a shed built (40X30) with a 12X16 room that will be mine "escape study" (let he who has ears understand what I am saying). The shed was completed in the summer of 2018 - except for a few things.

Well, I need to string electrical and get things in place before I could finish off the room. Well, that took a little time... That was finally completed early September.
Next was the insulation and drywalling of the room. That was completed the week I took off before my hand surgery. Let's just way that was more work than I figured as the "room" was simply part of the shed and not constructed to be nothing more than that. Drywall needs studs (or stringers put in where there are none). For the ceiling, there was a 2X10 in the middle of the room as a major support and sticks down further than anything else - a couple others came about a 1/3 of the way into the room from the main portion of the shed...how to cover them. Well, maybe doing a flat ceiling to a point, and then following the angle of the roof? Yeah, that should be fun.

Well, here are a few pictures of the project from that week - a few pics of the shed from the outside as well.

The shed and hopefully you can imagine the inside of the room on the end and the angle of the ceiling.