First Name: Jay
Trading: (7)
Bolivar
jaycarla is on a distinguished road
Default Re: BBQ... The real thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseCard View Post

Details, please.....

Take a full log of Bologna, I think it is a 5lb roll. At each end cut a hole about 1.5" in diameter. You don't want to completely hollow it out, but go at least 6" in on each cut.

I use one whole bulb of garlic, around a cup of sliced peppers, and a half stick of butter.

Split up all of that between the two ends. Now the two pieces that you cut out, slice off enough so that you can put a "cap" back on each end.

Loosely roll in foil, it will expand as it cooks.

Leave a little vent at the top so smoke can get in. At the halfway point, I will seal up the first vent, flip it over and make a good sized vent on that side.

I leave it on the middle shelf or higher. It is pretty much impossible to over-cook, unless you get it too close to your heat source.

6-8 hours later you will have gold. It may sound ridiculous but it is fricking awesome chit. It is rich so most people only have a slice. I cut it into 1" slices. If anyone decides to try it let me know what you think. Everyone that I have had try it thinks it is great.