View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 09:14 PM   #11
TheRuckus13

Default Re: Yay, another slope.

Well, what can I say... in less than a week the pipe has totally won me over. I look back at my first post amazed at my first impression of pipe smoking. That "burning wood" flavor I got makes no sense to me now. Frog Morton now tastes like sweet smokey BBQ to me, maybe a little ketchup. It sounds strange but I love it. The Billy Budd is a love hate type relationship. It truly is fun to smoke, some times you'll get a thick draw of Latakia which gives off whispy smoke, and a classic Latakia taste, then you'll hit a batch of cigar leaf and get that thick creamy Connecticut nutty taste. However, it burns hot, and comes with a lot of stems which is a hassle.

I know I promised pictures, but when I got the package I realized I had nothing really worth showing. However, pipe smoking has been so great that I just purchased a Savenelli Baronet Pot, and a box (250G) of Samuel Gawith Squadron Leader. So I -will- have something to show you folks. The only thing disappointing about pipe smoking is tonight I lit up a Montecristo and was thinking of smoking my pipe the entire time...