View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #30
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Engagement rings (NOT FOR ME)

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
Check out Craigslist and eBay. Lots of deals to be had as half of the marriages end up in divorce anyway and they're willing to cut their losses by selling rings cheap.
The resale on any jewelry will never be close to the original price paid. Try pawning an engagement ring and watch the owners laugh when you want even half what you paid for it.

Personally, for my money, I wouldn't want to buy a piece of jewelry that was intended for someone else's marriage/wife/fiance/girlfriend. It might just be me, but there is a reason that piece of jewelry is no longer on the woman's finger, maybe its bad ju-ju or whatever, but superstition of not, its not as heartfelt snagging someone's used jewelry. About as close as I would get would be buying loose stones on the 'personal' market and creating a new piece from it.