View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 07:58 PM   #562
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all
Default Re: Photography Thread

I can see joining this thread was a very bad mistake on my part... I havn't even dug up any images and I can't keep my hands off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSmokey View Post
I've been doing this the hard way apparently, I'm still a little dense on PS so pictorial lesson would be great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
Me too.
I have Elements.
Would love to figure out how to do B&W with some things in color.
I guess it is a "layers" thing?
Depends STRONGLY who you ask, and what you are doing with it.

DBAll's tutorial is great for when there is lots of intricate detail that you don't feel like masking around bit by bit with the brush. It's super fast and effective.

I prefer to use layers and a brush mask because it tends to capture a little more of the full color range and some other natural colors. For example, a red berry usually looks more natural if you brush in the brown spot on the berry, and the little green bud. But this takes TIME, LOTS OF TIME.