View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 09:57 PM   #87
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cool iPhone/touch Apps, what do you like?

I am sure it will. No way apple is going to launch that thing without flash. I always say Apple may ram you in the ass on price, but you can never say they bring a bad product or a poorly built product. They make awesome stuff. I still want to see what it will be like in terms of phone. I have read a lot of stuff back and forth on what it will do. Some are saying yes phone support some are saying no. There is always google voice to fill that void. I am wondering if the tablet will have a 3g wireless card built into it or a USB port so you can pick your carrier. I know Sprint has 4g/wimax up and running in some areas and expanding to more this year. That would be slick. I just wonder if they would be willing to install a card like that locking it in on one carrier. My wife is a teacher and a Mac whore though and is pretty geeked to see what the tablet is going to do and have.

The down side is I just dont want to carry a device that big. I like the MID(mobile internet device)/portable mini computer concept and some of the ones coming out are pretty small and double as a phone. They are still very large in comparison to most smart phones and I think it would look odd carrying a small brick in your pocket. OOO the comments. I really just want a phone no bigger then an Iphone that is a multimedia beast. Full flash, awesome browser, with awesome coverage. I guess thats why I am waiting still to get a new handset. I want to see if Palm actually comes through next month or if it ends up being only particial support and controlled by them what it will do.

I would love to see the next Iphone do full flash supported browser, but I just dont see ATT willing to let Iphone users have that seeing as how they were already threatening to charge power users more cause of the strain on the network. I wonder if the rumored ATT 4G with alleged Verizon ties will allow this? The one thing Verizon knows how to do is offer cool stuff and then rape you for using it
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote