View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 01:28 PM   #84
Resipsa

Default Re: Cool iPhone/touch Apps, what do you like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Streaming is just too much geek for the tube to handle right now.
The infrastructure only exists for just so much data transfer.
It's not the device that's holding back the flash, it's the infrastructure.
I would think it'd be a race between carriers to get the infrastructure in place to support streaming, because like you said, media geeks would RUN to that provider overnight.
You could tether and run your whole home off of one cellphone.
No more cable bill, no more internet bill, just a cell phone bill.
I don't ever see the cell carriers giving us that kind of pipe. It'd put them out of their own business, being that most cell places sell cable and tv, too.
A monster would have to step up and do this.
It's what Google has been positioning themselves to do for the last five years. Ad driven free cellphones with media galore.
They'll own it all, and it'll be the end of paying three or four bills as we know it.
Thats gonna create a big, big mess.
Scott, pretty good quality streaming is available right now on the Iphone, even as bad as ATT network is. With the Sunday Ticket I watched live NFL games all over the place this year on my iphone, that was over 3g. MLB also streamed live games during the season, and the NBA has an app for 20 bucks right now to do the same thing.

I digitize all movies at home and put them on my network, I can stream them right to my iphone over 3G with the Orb app. In addition, if I added a tv tuner to my pc, I could stream live tv shows if I wanted to. Havent' taken the time to do this, as there's plenty for me to watch on the phone without it.

Point is, it's possible to do right now even with 3G. When they 4G up and rolling it'll be even better