View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 11:47 AM   #83
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cool iPhone/touch Apps, what do you like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Streaming is just too much geek for the tube to handle right now.
The infrastructure only exists for just so much data transfer.
It's not the device that's holding back the flash, it's the infrastructure.
I would think it'd be a race between carriers to get the infrastructure in place to support streaming, because like you said, media geeks would RUN to that provider overnight.
You could tether and run your whole home off of one cellphone.
No more cable bill, no more internet bill, just a cell phone bill.
I don't ever see the cell carriers giving us that kind of pipe. It'd put them out of their own business, being that most cell places sell cable and tv, too.
A monster would have to step up and do this.
It's what Google has been positioning themselves to do for the last five years. Ad driven free cellphones with media galore.
They'll own it all, and it'll be the end of paying three or four bills as we know it.
Thats gonna create a big, big mess.
Dont be so sure brother. I have not got this phone yet, because there are questions as to whether the browser will in fact support justin.tv or the other sites that stream live tv sports over the web. The indication and rumor is it will.
http://tv.adobe.com/watch/flash-plat...-the-palm-pre-

I dont want to get into a network debate, but I dont think ATT will allow it as the network likely couldnt take the strain of all Iphone users streaming live tv over their phones.

It appears it is comming, and my geek ass will be all over the first device that does it. Skyfire works okay for me know for watching hockey games and sports in the car while driving around, but its glitchy.

I appreciate the Iphone, and would get one if it would stream live media, I have been waiting to see who the will get the first phone to do this. Android has been promising this stuff for over a year and never delivered plus I hate android all fluff no filler. So if Palm delivers I may go back to them after a 3 year layoff.
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote