View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 08:47 AM   #1
Mr.Erskine
Looking up

First Name: Benjamin
Trading: (1)
Mr.Erskine is on a distinguished road
Default Preferred Shave

So, in my hiatus from the board, I picked up on a new form of shaving that most of you probably do already, but I thought I'd post this up because I'm always up for new ideas in this area.

I started using a safety razor--and doing away with my Gillette Mach 3 and some other razor that had like 25 blades, and I love my razor and the shave that I get from it. It was my wife's grandfather's old razor--so, it's an original Gillette. I use Astra blades that last a good while.

What I'm looking for is recommendations for saving soaps and cremes. I have been using what I can get at Rite Aid, and I didn't know if there were things better.

I would like to try straight razor shaving, but I am trying to decide if the up front cost of a good straight razor, honing stone, strop, etc. is worth it if I find that I am unable to get the technique for shaving with a straight razor or if I find that I don't like it.

I have found that the single safety razor blade is more than adequate and I get closer and smoother shave than with any other razor that I had used before.

Also, what about aftershaves? Are there any recommendations? I had just been using Dollar Store stuff until now.

I am always interested in learning new things in this area.