View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 05:48 AM   #235
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation
Default Re: What are you roasting today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
I completely disagree. That looks like a good Full City +, maybe creeping toward Vienna.
Remember, roast how you like it. Nobody should tell you what cigars you should like and no one should tell you what roast you should like.

Enjoy it Blak.
I think it did hit Vienna because there where a couple small fragments off the bean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSB View Post
But it sure doesn't hurt, when someone tries to guide you in the right direction.
The whole idea behind buying the high quality coffee, like we get from SM, is to fully experience what coffee has to offer. The darker you roast the coffee, the more the varietal flavors disappear and the roast flavors tend to dominate.
I suggest looking for Kenneth Davids' "Home Coffee Roasting, Romance & Revival" An excellent reference for the home coffee roaster.
I appreciate the tips. I will pay more attention to the recommended roast stages on the beans from now on. I just hate seeing the chaff inside the bean so I go darker. I will check Barnes and Nobles for that book this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAZ View Post
If he's talking of the same monkey blend I just got, it comes from sweet Maria's.
Yes that is the one