Thread: Sous vide
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 04:26 PM   #831
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sous vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post
Yes please. Can't wait to hear how these turn out, I actually have some duck legs in the freezer that I've been dying to use. Last time I cooked them confit in the oven with a weight on them, I bet the sous vide is even easier and more efficient. Save me some of that duck fat for breakfast potatoes
Definitely worth doing, Ben. I just finished eating one of the legs I confitted. Crisped in a pan. Tender, unctuous, delicious. Might use a couple tomorrow for tacos, making chicharrones out of the skin.

Cured 3lbs legs (6 legs) for two days with 1.5% salt, 2 teaspoons black pepper, 1 tablespoon dried thyme, 2 bay leaves. Rinsed then vac sealed with a stick of butter for three legs. Sous vide @ 155 for 27 hours. Original recipe says 36, but I pulled them early.