View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 12:10 PM   #1
Outlaw God
John 3:16

First Name: Daniel
Trading: (2)
Outlaw God is on a distinguished road
Default Liga Privada #9 vs Genesis The Project

After going thru and box of each I have to say the Genesis The Project by Ramon Bueso wins hands down for flavor and cost.
Yea yea I'll catch hell from the Liga fans but dam the Genesis The Project just dose it for me in so many ways and wins every time.

If you haven't had the Genesis The Project by Ramon Bueso or even the Liga Privada #9, give them a spin and see if you agree and enjoy

It's even interesting how the bands have some similarity also

-------------------
Liga Privada #9
Price $9.45.- $19.
Strength: Full
6 x 52
Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Wrapper Color: Maduro
Wrapper Origin: Connecticut
Wrapper Leaf Type: Broadleaf
Resting time: 5 months
Storage 67 degrees 67 humidity

Prelight: Subtle sweet smell with a hint of grass and apple

1st 1/3
Dark chocolate, black coffee, molasses, leather, cacao powder, spices and a nice creamy texture
Great draw and straight burn line and smoking medium in strength.

2nd 1/3
It now finishes with a bit of pepper and earth on the finish, continuing with the dark chocolate and coffee and staying very smooth.

Final 1/3
The leather and earth increase and the burn is staying very straight, never really was a full strength cigar to me
There's a lot of hype about this cigar and consumers have high anticipation and willingness to get one to try.

The cigar is constructed very well but there are so many better cigars out there for so much less out of you pocket.

Not to say that the cigar isn’t good, it’s just way over price along with the value, flavor ratio.

Smoke time: 1hr 35min
Score: 7.9 out of 10
------------------------------
Genesis The Project by Ramon Bueso
$3. - $5.20
Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro

Prelight: Hay, cherries, bread dough, solidly built cigar with some weight to it.

1st 1/3
Creamy coffee flavor, light spice, leather, roasted nuts, earth, nutmeg, light black licorice, medium body.
Draw a little tight, nice start though.

2nd 1/3
Perfect straight burn line, creamy sweet now, followed by the coffee flavor, light spice, leather, roasted nuts, earth, nutmeg, light black licorice and sweet, the flavors work together completely for this cigar very well.

Draw has opened up now.....
This is turning out to be a surprising stick and even right off the UPS truck, time in the humidor is going to be a treat.

Final 1/3
Love the light black licorice and sweetness here, all of the above notes still with the symphony in 7 part harmony, getting a Vitamin N buzz now.

The addition of the Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro wrapper is key here I think, my favorite wrapper for sure.

Smoke time: 1hr 20 min
Score: 9.5 out of 10 (not a 10 because I wanted it to go on)