Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation
Default Re: Alabao by Perdomo- This got a lot of complaints at F****s-S***e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmancross View Post
ALABAO- AT YOUR OWN RISK

I pulled a cigar out of my pack with my good hand. An Alabao. Made by Nick Perdomo for Famous-Smoke. It was one of my regular go-to's.

The pre-light aroma was wonderful, under the circumstances, with a faint espresso going on. It helped me block out the pain. Distraction. I had no way to pop the cap. So I bit off the end.At first light, I tasted cedar and a mild sweet tobacco flavor. Very mild. Huge billows of white smoke emitted from the end. As I smoked, I could taste coffee bean and cocoa. Every now and then I tugged my arm to see if I could dislodge it. No way.

The sweet spice stayed with me. But at the half way point, it became more medium in body while the flavors began to spread out. My nerves were shot but the Alabao had a calming effect.

I could taste the Criollo wrapper. Always tangy. Delicious.

I love it when cigars provide a creaminess to the back of the mouth. Like suckling on mother's milk.The stick portrayed some hint of nuts...almonds and cashews...with that creaminess swirling around it.

As the cigar wound down, it ramped up in flavor and strength but never getting harsh or hot. The sweet spice and nuts kicked in big time. I smoked it to the nub.

The Bottom Line: With the proper aging, I give it an 88
Your review and heading are a complete disconnect. Either it is a cigar you can recommend or something we should only smoke at our own risk. Also, I dont understand your conclusion. Was this an aged cigar? If so how old? If not, how do you know it will rate an 88 with age.