Thread: Save me!
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 02:05 PM   #7
ninjavanish
Feeling at Home

Trading: (16)
Bolivar
ninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Save me!

Having sampled many different tequilas I would reccomend anything from Cazadores.

El Jimador is a good brand for mixing or drinking straight... believe it or not it goes REALLY well with a fresh apple. It's exeptionally smooth... however if memory serves me right it's only 75 proof... or at least it was the last time I was in Mexico.

Margaritaville tastes a little watery to me but if you don't like a solid tequila twang in your margarita Margaritaville is a good bet.

Sauza is cheap... and it tastes cheap... but if you're feeding it to a lot of people at a party... cheap is always good.

My local Mexican joint that makes killer margaritas uses some tequila I've never heard of before... can't think of the name right now.

The overall question boils down to this... how much tequila taste do you want in your margaritas... that will have a lot of influence on the tequila you choose.

Some reposados are milder than some Blancos and Platas. And some Anejos are as smokey and full flavored as some Scotches and Bourbons...

When in doubt, generally always steer clear of an aņejo for margarita making.

Herradura has always been my #1 choice when I don't know where to turn.
ninjavanish is offline   Reply With Quote