Old 01-07-2022, 09:02 PM   #113
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Lancero love

Medina 1959 Miami Edition lancero Fresh From Cigar Rollers Table (7.5" x 38)

I have ordered from Cuban Crafters a few times over the years and have always been satisfied and/or happy with my purchase. With my most recent order, I added a fiver of 'Fresh From Cigar Roller's Table' of lanceros (Habano wrap).

The wrapper has a faint floral scent (what's up with this? I notice this scent on A LOT of wrappers lately). Construction is good, but not great. There's a flat spot that runs down one side of the cigar that makes my eyeball twitch. Nothing major, though. Draw is good.

First few draws...a bit harsh through the nose. Fairly typical flavors for this type of blend.

Around 1"...harshness has subsided and the cigar has settled into a fairly typical flavor profile for this type of blend. The floral scent from the wrapper has not transferred to the flavor of the smoke. Good smoke volume and good burn, with zero corrections needed.

Around halfway...typical flavors and aromas still dominate. Burn is still razor sharp, which is impressive even in itself.

A little past halfway...large smoke volume with zero harshness. The tobacco in this cigar was well aged. Flavors and aromas are unchanged, but nice. Burn is still razor sharp. Impressive, even.

Toward the end...pretty standard medium to full bodied Habano wrap flavors. Starts getting harsh/ammonia flavors at around 2", so that's where I snuffed it out.

Final thoughts...I have a few more of these sleeping in the humi, so I'm interested in how they will taste a few months or a year from now.