View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #23
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Don't you just love offering to host garage sales for others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
Sadly, I can relate. My wife is always the one who will bend over backwards to help people out when they need it where I am the one that almost always says "No" or doesn't bother to offer. I learned the lesson a long time ago where my wife still refuses to learn that people love when your there for them when they need it but very rarely return the favor. For example, it's amazing how my wife will take in everyone and their brothers dogs when they go away on vacation etc. but when we need someone to watch our dogs for a few days shockingly no one ever seems to be around, like last week I had to drop $400 to put the dogs in a Doggie Camp because no one was available to watch them while we were in NY but yet we will have other peoples dogs here the next two weeks. Keep in mind our dogs are trained very well and are easy to watch and pretty much self sufficient other than needing to be fed and let out. I also had a situation like forgops not too long ago where we were getting rid of an old couch. Friends of my wifes sister wanted it since they are having a tough time financially right now and could use furniture for their home so we were more than happy to let them have it. After saying they wanted it, it was cluttering up my garage for a month while we waited for them to come get it. After growing tired of having to move it every time I needed to pull out my motorcycle or lawn mower I told my wife that they have a week to pick it up or it's going to the dump. Like you I suddenly became the unreasonable @sshole for putting a time constraint on it.
Reminds me of last fall when someone else in this same group wanted to get rid of some furniture. My wife offered to put it in our garage because they just had to get it out of their house. My wife's thought was that we could put it in our garage and sell it on craigslist. I said they can do the same damn thing and not occupy the room in our garage.

Just like last December as well right after back surgery-I sent an email to my group of so-called "friends" asking if anyone was free for maybe 30 min. to help make A/V connections for my built-in entertainment center that was just completed. I was supposed to be on a 10# restriction for a month with no real twisting, turning, bending, etc. Out of 20+ people, do you think a single person responded to run stuff like speaker wire, hdmi cables, and lift up a heavy receiver and center channel speaker on the 4th day after surgery? Nope, it was me and my back certainly paid for it too.

But hey, we're always good for taking dinner to someone else when they have a baby or surgery, not that such an offer was made for either of my 2 back surgeries.

I'm pretty much done with these people.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote